New Pupils Entry Procedures
All pupils at St Giles School have an Education, Health and Care Plan.
Pupil places are allocated through the SEN team at Nottinghamshire County Council. If a request for a place is to be made, contact with the SEN team must be made.
Prior to entry:
- Tour of the school
- School to contact parents and current placement to arrange a visit
- Member of St Giles team visit current placement and to review assessment information
- Transitions programme set up with parents, current placement and St Giles School
- Tailored to each individual child
- Some pupils will require a longer transition than others
- Transitions will always be arranged with the parents and staff at the current placement
- Transitions visits will be supported by staff from the current placement
- Individual Transition meeting with parents and Assistant Head Teacher
- Transition Group meeting with Family Senior Teaching Assistant responsible for family liaison
Within seven weeks of entry:
- An assessment of the child will be completed
- Pupil interim targets for the year ahead will be set (in line with their EHCP)
Visits to the school for prospective students are welcome, however, please be aware that to book a visit your child must either have an EHCP or be in the process of applying for one. Please contact the school office to book a viewing.
Click on the link below which will take you to the Nottinghamshire County Council website where you should find all the necessary information about admissions to schools.
Please find below the link to St Giles SEN Information Report 2017-18:
Planned review at Full Governor’s Meeting – SpringTerm 2020